Wednesday morning saw our crews wake up to beautifully calm water, but a complete lack of wind. Therefore, in order to stay on schedule, our vessels were forced to depart under motor as they headed for Peterhead.
Soon after departure they were engulfed in fog, bringing progress to a crawl, our skippers using all their experience to keep Ashanti and Clearlake II on course and out of danger with so little visibility.
However all was not lost and the fog was soon cleared by a fantastic wind, ranging from force 4 to 5, and both yachts were hurtling along at a fair 11 knots. This meant that, despite the initial hold-up, our crews arrived in Peterhead with plenty of time to spare and with a forecast of fine weather and good wind there was plenty to still look forward to.
If you wish to support our crews on their voyage, and help Macmillan Cancer Support continue their vital work with those affected by cancer, please follow this link to our justgiving page: